Thursday, January 29, 2015

This week has been an odd one.  I am finally at the point were Kyle being gone only got to me a couple of times.  I have been in a great mood the last couple of days even with dealing with roommate issues.  Thats another thing.  A bit of advice to those people thinking their roommate will be their best friend....its not true and things do change from the beginning of the year to second semester.  I have also been reminded of God's love for us.  I have seen him all week in little acts people have been doing for me, in the beautiful weather we have had, but most of all in my sisters and the real friends I have made here.  I came into this semester determined to be a part of a group that I have found out doesn't want or need me and I am ok with that.  I got to spend my day yesterday really focused on my studies and then joking around with some of the most wonderful and hilarious girls there are.  I'm glad God has put these woman in my life because if I would have gone with the group mention before I would be a jealous, uptight, and sneaking person I found myself becoming last semester and I hated myself for it.  I also got to talk to my best friend from home.  We haven't talked for a month but no matter how long it may be we always go on for hours and laugh until we are both crying.  That is true friendship.  Someone who tells you what they think but then supports you no matter what your decision.  She is always willing to listen to me no matter what is going on in her life and I will always do the same for her.  I miss her like crazy but I know she will be the maid of honor next to me on my wedding day and the one who's kids I will always tell mine they need to marry so we can actually be family.  Not only did that put me in a good mood and make my week that much better but today is my grandpa's 81st birthday.  A month and a half ago we didn't know if we would be celebrating this day with him here.  He was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and at age 80 they normally don't give chemo.  My grandpa told the doctor's he would fight and fight he has.  We may not know how long he has left and he is very weak but he is here and living life to the fullest!  He is my mentor, my strength and most of all my best friend.  His approval and pride in me is something I will never want from anyone else as much as I do from him.  One of my best friends lost that person today.  Her grandmother passed and she was so close to her.  My heart and prayers go out to her family.  I can't imagine what they are going through.  Things like this make you grateful for what you have and I am so grateful for my grandpa and all he has done for me.  The last few weeks have been a lot of reflecting but it has been good and I am oh so excited for the future!
On a more positive happy note Kyle's flight won the polar bear 5k which is so exciting and those points go into their total score to be the best flight there!! I know Kyle is pushing himself so hard to do his best and I can't explain how proud I am of him!  Tomorrow is letter day! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment