Friday, January 9, 2015

Kyle has been gone for a week and I have found that the little things are really what I miss the most.  I have been going to his house to hangout with his siblings and being there without him is hard.  No curling up on the couch, no wrestling in the basement, no watching a movie on his taped up laptop, and he wasn't waiting at the garage door for me when I got there.  I always loved getting there and he would be walking to me from the house to the driveway.  Riding in his jeep...it has been one of my favorite things to do with him.  He loves his yeep and seeing it sitting there makes me sad.  These are just some of the little things that have happened just this week to remind me of him during bootcamp.  Everyday I have so much I want to tell him but that is what letters are for and oh boy have I written letters!  
Letters are my way to talk to him and the reason behind this blog.  I found writing to help me cope with not talking to Kyle and now this blog helps me deal with that as well.  He finally got to write to his family and I and I can't tell you how much that first letter means! 
I was with my friend who's boyfriend is in the Navy when I found out he had written.  She looked at me and just said "Go home" so I did!  I have read it over and over and over again so many times.  It is the one thing right now keeping me connected to him and I love it! So now with the joy of knowing he is doing alright I am heading off to school. 
Maybe....this mess needs to be cleaned up and I need to be packed.  I of course have too much stuff but we will make it work!  I think this is one of the most stressful parts of college.  Not knowing what to leave and bring back.  This time leaving will be weird because normally I have Kyle there to give me a kiss and say good luck. It will be different but this is the first of many things that will be different and to get through a long distance relationship you have to cope with different.  And that I am ready to do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment