Tuesday, February 10, 2015

valentines day, not capitalized for a reason because it is my least favorite holiday and really never has had much importance to me except for the fact my best friend, Kourtney, and I will not be sharing a Papa John's Heart shaped pizza together (it is capitalized because all food is important!).  And when I say share I mean we each eat half of a family sized pizza....., plus cookies later.....and maybe a liter of soda. valentines day is emotional for us single girls! This year though I am not single!  Well sort of...but not at ALL.  My love is busy doing other things of more importance! In his absence though his amazing family stepped in and sent me the most amazing bouquet of flowers on Monday!
They hoped it would put a smile to my face and it sure did.  I couldn't stop smiling as I held back the tears, walking up five flights of stairs, and then today when I was feeling overwhelmed they reminded me I only had two more weeks.  I am beyond blessed to have been able to fall into this family so quickly.  The saying is you don't go looking for love, it will find you and it sure did with Kyle and I.  Neither of us were looking.  Heck we thought it was just a summer thing!  But here we are eight months later after me leaving for college and him in bootcamp still going strong.  Two more weeks till I see my Valentine and Airman.  Love you Kyle David Gibson!! I become more and more proud of you everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment