Saturday, April 11, 2015

I'm back! So it's been a crazy two months and I'm glad to say things are settling down and I can blog again so here are the happenings of my life the last few months!
Kyle's graduation weekend was a busy, relaxing and much needed time with the boy and his family.  I got to see him and hang out with his amazing parents and get to know them more.
Day 1
 
First time seeing Kyle was a whole lot of emotions at once.  I was so proud and didn't know what to say or do but although I know I couldn't all I wanted to do was run down and hug him but the ceremony was very special and I'm so glad I was able to be there and see it. 
Kyle's flight got Honors!!!! So they are right in the front with there sister flight (all girl flight) right behind them. 

David of course had to capture the first hug we had had in TWO months.  I of course was crying not knowing what to say and wanting to hold him as long as I could.  At first the look on his face made me mad but then I realized it was his I'm really happy look and I was better!  I know I wasn't suppose to but I just kept letting go looking at him for a second and hugging him again.  I can't tell you how I felt in that moment because I really can't remember a lot of it.  I just know I was happier then I have ever been. 

One of my favorite pictures the whole weekend! Love him in his AVU's.

There was an area with a lot of planes that had been used in war.  This is just one of many that Kyle's mom wanted to take with him.  He hated pictures before his graduation, pretty sure he loathes them now. 
 Day 2
Donnie, David, me, Michelle, and Karen froze our butts off at Kyle's actually graduation Friday.  It was 20 in Texas BUT we would do anything for the boy. 
The flights were a little farther from us for graduation. Kyle's flight was the far left. 

Kyle's flight walking by!

He was looking for the rest of his boys but its the only picture I have of him in his blues coat. 

He caught me lackin on Friday....

But then I got him Sunday :). 
Friday at the hotel before we had to send him back to base.  It was hard to say goodbye every night at 7 but I was grateful for the time we got.
Day 3 or Saturday was just a chill day and I found out I don't have any pictures from that day but it was really fun to just nap, play cards and eat pizza, in Kyle's case a full pizza, with him and his family.  Its always been the little things in life that matter. 
 Day 4 Last day :(
Cracker Barrel for breakfast on Sunday. 

I've always got a smile for his oh so serious face.  Other people find him scary but I don't think so. 

And another one of us being us. 
We went to a really fun restaurant called Rita's for a late lunch before saying goodbye to Kyle.  Donnie of course had to call the band over to sing with to me.  Gotta love em!

David's drink was huge! Donnie took this picture so I could send it to my mom and play a prank on her.  She just said she wished she was there to have one too. 


We took a lot of pictures and made a lot of memories this weekend but I think my favorite was one that didn't concern Kyle and I as a couple.  It was when we went to chapel on Sunday.  Connor, Kyle's brother left three weeks after Kyle for basic and because of this they were going to go a long time without seeing each other.  Fortunately this wasn't the case because Connor was chapel guide when we went to church.  The second he saw Kyle in his blues he broke down and gave him a huge hug and kept saying congratulations.  Kyle was worked up to which is saying something.  It was the best moment the whole weekend and I'm so glad the boys got to see each other.
For anyone who has gone through basic with a significant other you'll agree with me that it is the best and worst thing to happen to your relationship.  Kyle and I both saw what we cherished about our relationship a little more and we saw how much we wanted this to work.  But it also brings up questions.  Kyle is one that will go for back to back deployments and not be home much until he is done with the Air Force, whenever that maybe.  Its been a month sense graduation and we have had our struggles but we also have come to appreciate not only how much we really need each other but our family and friends that are supporting us.  I saw this over my spring break when my grandfather died.
He was and still is my best friend.  I mentioned in a previous post how he had was suffering from pancreatic cancer. I called him as much as I could once I had to go back and I slowly realized how sick he was getting just from his voice.  He was the one to call me after every game, on every birthday and holiday and just to say you can do it.  He was a talker just like me but he was one of the only people that I could just sit and listen to for hours.  He taught me how to stick up for myself, how to love with everything you have and never let go when you have something you want.  He made mistakes in his past, but to me he was my hero, the man that will never be beat, and the one that forever will be who I am trying to make proud.  He fought like hell and I know he's playing gulf in heaven waiting for me to get there so he can teach me more.  
Unfortunately when my grandfather died Kyle was just getting busy at his base and could not be there for me as much as he wanted to.  His family was more then I could ask for.  They were making sure I was ok and although they were in Florida when the funeral happened the next week they were constantly making sure I was ok and I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Because all of this though I was taking my anger out on Kyle as he was taking his out on me.  Rough patches happen and especially with distance.  It sucks but if you get through it all you come out so much stronger.  Thats exactly what has happened and although my grandpa isn't here to tell me if I am making the right decisions I know he is helping to guide me through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment